• December 28Raffle tickets are on sale at all home basketball games for $10.

• December 28The next PTSA meeting will be held Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019 at Cleveland in Room 1162.

Filed under Showcase, Volunteer

Volunteers needed for upcoming events

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volunteers needed for upcoming events

PTSA vice president Connie So serves up some congee, an Asian rice porridge, during senior breakfast. The PSTA sponsored the event.

Cleveland Publications

Cleveland Publications

Cleveland Publications

The PTSA has several upcoming events where volunteers will be needed. Here’s what’s happening in 2019:

FEBRUARY
Feb. 9: Black Family Brunch – Ahead of the National African American Parent Involvement Day on Feb. 12, Cleveland’s PTSA is hosting a Black Family Brunch for black families, families of African heritage and families of black students. Volunteers are needed for set up, clean up and decorations. PTSA Faculty Liaison Teresa Scribner is in charge of this event in conjunction with Cleveland’s Black Student Union and Family Engagement Action Team.

Feb. 13: Health and Wellness Fair – The PTSA applied for and was awarded $1,000 to address health and safety in honor of the 2019 National PTSA Take Your Family to School Week. As part of the grant, the PTSA must hold an event between Feb. 10-17. Representatives from the National and State PTSA and Home Depot will attend. Volunteers are needed to set up, clean up, serving, sign-in and various other areas. PTSA Vice President Cristi Devers is heading this event.

MAY
May 22: Talon Awards – This all-sports banquet is in its second year. While the event is mainly produced by Cleveland’s athletics department, the PTSA offers volunteers to serve, pick up the awards and fill in wherever needed. Scribner is in charge of this event along with athletic director Jon Hughes and activities coordinator Bryan Gordon.

JUNE
June 5: Senior Breakfast and Awards Ceremony – This is one of the PTSA’s most involved events. Parents are needed to help serve the seniors, organize the pick up or delivery of food, decorate and clean up. Donations are welcomed to cover the cost of awards and food. In some cases, the PTSA sponsored an off-campus event after the breakfast. This event is for students only. An honors reception is held the following week and is open to parents of honorees. Scribner is in charge of planning the senior breakfast.

If you would like to be involved with any of these events, email the PTSA at [email protected].

About the Writer
Teresa Scribner, Faculty Liaison

Teresa Scribner is an award-winning teacher who serves as the Faculty Liaison to the PTSA. Her role is to serve as a link between the board and the CHS...